Happy Friday Stamping Friends!
I am having so much fun preparing these posts for the week while I'm recovering from surgery! I am so thankful to Lynn for explaining how to do that! :)
Here is another one of our Winter Demo Class projects. I just loved making these! They are so much easier than you would think! I have made them in a few different designs. You can also easily adjust the height of the box by adjusting the cardstock length. Your box will be one inch shorter than the height of the cardstock. For example, this box is 6-1/2" tall, one inch shorter than the 7-1/2" piece of Teal cardstock. Make sense? Hope so! Sometimes I swear I know how to speak Greek!
Below is the tutorial for the box. Enjoy! :)
Paper cutter with scoring blade
7 ½" x 10 ½” Taken with Teal
2” x 10 ½” Whisper White
Scraps of Teal & White for top & bottom
Designer Series Paper
3” x 10 ½” Bali Breeze
White Taffeta Ribbon
Pencil for marking
- Score Taken with Teal cardstock 1” from one long edge.
- Adhere Bali Breeze DSP along score line on Taken w/Teal cardstock.
- With DSP facing down, score Teal cardstock at 1”, 3”, 5”, 7” & 9”.
- Flip cardstock over (not side to side) & score at 2”, 4”, 6”, 8” & 10”.
- Adhere White Taffeta Ribbon along top edge of DSP using Sticky Strip.Cut the ten 1” squares into points & cut off the ½” tab (see photo below).
- Accordion fold, creasing along each fold. Apply Stick Strip along the length of the side tab on the right side. Do not expose the adhesive yet.
- Fold the tabs in, right over left, along bottom. Remove liner from Sticky Strip and adhere side tab to the inside, retaining star shape. Adhere tabs together (see photo below).
- TakenTrace the outline of the box onto a square of Taken w/Teal cardstock. Cut inside the pencil lines and adhere with Sticky Strip.
- Use Crop-a-dile to dry emboss circles onto box lid, which is the Whisper White cardstock strip that is already scored for you. Emboss two circles in each section.
- Repeat steps 6 – 9 with box lid. Use a white cardstock square to finish off top.
- Before you adhere the top white star, punch out a Teal star using new Large Star Punch & attach to top. Then use the 1/8” circle punch to punch two holes in the middle & tie White Taffeta Ribbon through holes (see photo below).
- Next time, try experimenting with different sized boxes. Have fun!