Woot! Woot! Exciting new Copic classes are coming to a city near you!
Join our Regional Instructors for TWO consecutive, fun filled days of coloring, creating and getting inky! Expand your coloring skills, experiment with unique surfaces, learn new inking techniques and advance your airbrushing aptitude in this totally hands-on workshop.
We will be including the following 4 classes during this two day event:
- Coloring Ethnic Skin Tones and Various Hair Styles
- Expand your people skills with this intensive coloring class. Learn how base color affects tone in skin and hair, practice various blending styles for skin, experiment with a variety of ethnic skin tones, and learn the inking approach for different hairstyles. (*Note: This class builds on the coloring people skills introduced in the Intermediate Certification class, although it is not a pre-requisite. Basic blending knowledge and skills are required.)
- Oodles of Doodles and Backgrounds
- Learn how to combine multiliners, markers, inks and paint in this technique-rich session. Each technique is used to create unique backgrounds that can be made into cards, scrapbook pages, home décor or a variety of other artistic projects. Learn simple doodling techniques, polish, blow and float inks onto surfaces, mix acrylic paints and alcohol inks to create interesting resists, and create stunning backgrounds as inks are painted and dripped on metal sheets.
- Airbrushing Made Easy
- Forget your fear of airbrushing with this amazing hands-on session! Learn all about the Copic airbrush system, study the similarities and differences from traditional airbrushing, and practice basic strokes and spray patterns to master control. Learn about various masking materials and the appropriate use of each type, play with stencils and masks to create fully-colored scenes, create beautiful backgrounds, and learn to layer to add depth and dimension to your artwork.
- So Many Surfaces
- Step aside paper... we’re getting eclectic! In this project-rich class, experiment with inks and markers on a variety of surfaces. Learn what to expect and how best to apply inks to each surface. Color and blend on fabric, apply ink to tiles, make metal marvelous, set-up a scene on Yupo, and paint on plastic film.
- Evening Round-Table Discussion/Critique Session (Optional)
- Students can attend an optional evening discussion/critique session. Meet with instructors in an informal session and learn tips and tricks for critiquing coloring and artwork honestly and constructively. Students are welcome to bring in one piece of work to be peer and self-critiqued during the session.
PREREQUISITE: Standard Certification
Classes will run from 9am-6pm each day(lunch and dinner not included.)
Cost for the Copic 2013 Color & Ink Workshop is $299 per attendee. The fee includes 2 days of instruction, written materials and handouts, student product pack, and use of class supply kits. Meals and lodging are not included. Payment is due upon notification of acceptance into the workshop. If it is not paid within three days, your place may be given to another applicant.
There is a $20 additional fee for the optional evening critique/discussion session. This can be paid with registration.
• Up until three weeks prior to the workshop, you will receive a 100% refund.
• Three weeks prior to scheduled workshop, you may be refunded 75% of the cost of the workshop.
• Two weeks prior to the workshop you may be refunded 50% of the cost of the workshop.
• No refunds will be given one week or less before the workshop. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Class Supplies List
Please read this page carefully, as some of the supplies are provided, some you will be given, and some you will need to bring. As our instructors are flying into each location, they will not have spare supplies.
Class Marker List
These markers are included in our class kits, if you would prefer not to share with 2-3 others, please feel free to bring your own:
E000/E00/E01/E04/E09/E11/E13/E15/ E17/E21/E24/E27/E29/E34/E37/E42/ E43/E44/E47/E49/E50/E53/E55/E57/E59/E93/E99 Y21
YR00/YR24 B41 C5/C7/C9 BV00/BV02
Student Product Pack
Each student will receive the following product:
E71/E74/E77 Sketch marker
5x7 Sketch Book
Student Class Supplies
Please bring the following supplies to the workshop:
2-3 tumbled tiles (4 x 4) Found at home supply store.
1-2 practice tiles (any size)
Variety of paintbrushes including:
• round size 0 or 2 • flat size 12 or 16 • flat size 20 or 24
Teflon craft sheet
Work shirt or apron
We will be visiting these 10 locations during the year. Seats at each event are limited, please don't wait to sign up.
January 10-11 - Open for Enrollment: Click HERE
Anaheim, CA - CHA
Red Lion Hotel
1850 S. Harbor Blvd.
Anaheim, CA 92802
Please contact Nancy with any questions you have about applications and payment. In the US toll free: 877-524-6614, outside the US, 541-684-0013 firstname.lastname@example.org