- Simply create a shaped card (not a standard rectangle) OR 3D object.
- Entries need to be in by Friday September at 13th at 5 PM EST
- Those entries using Flourishes Stamps will be counted twice
- You must link your creation on our InLinkz Widgit to be counted
- You must have a link to our challenge in your blog post or gallery post
- Please DO NOT combine challenges. Only those entries that don’t combine will be in the running
- If you upload to SCS please use the keyword FLLCSEPT13
- We’ll announce the winners on Saturday in our Winner’s Circle Post here on the blog on Saturday September 14th , so check back then to find out if you are a winner!
On to my creations...
I decided to make a card and coordinating candle for my project. I haven't stamped on a candle in a long, long time. I'd forgotten how easy and FUN it is!
You simply stamp your images on tissue paper, trim them out, and heat them with an embossing tool. Now, in order to prevent the candle from melting and dripping all over the place, I wrapped the candle in waxed paper before I heated it. As you heat the leaves, the tissue paper melts right into the candle, like it was never there. :) It's really neat to watch!
For my card, I chose to go with an oval shape, made by using Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities dies and Spellbinders Classic Ovals dies. The sentiment strip was created with the Tailor-Made Classic Keyhole die set. The card base is Classic Ivory, as are all of the layers except for one layer of Evergreen Color Made Easy card stock. The bundle of corn from A Season of Thanks was stamped in Memento Espresso Truffle ink on Classic Ivory card stock, and colored with the following Copic Marker Collections:
Here's a close-up of the candle. I stamped the leaves from Falling Leaves (see above for technique), and wrapped the candle with some green velvet and lace trim, and a couple of pieces of ruffled trim. The leaves were stamped in Memento Olive Grove, Tangelo, Potter's Clay, Cantaloupe, and Brick Red. I the pretty metal frame is something I had kicking around my stash. I centered it with a oval sentiment piece, stamped with Memento Potter's Clay ink and die-cut with Spellbinders Classic Ovals. The "gratitude" sentiment is from the Seasonal Wreaths set.Thanks for stopping by today and we look forward to seeing what you create! We’ll see you here on Monday September 9th when our FIVE wonderful September sneak peeks start! Enjoy getting back into stamping SHAPE! And now for some wonderful shaped inspiration, our design team has pulled out all the stops to get your creativity jump-started:
- Allison Cope
- Christine Okken
- Cindy Lawrence <--- You are here!
- Heather Jensen
- Julie Koerber
- Maki Jones
- Silke Ledlow
- Stacy Morgan
- Tosha Leyendekker
Have a fabulous Friday!